Trainings can be classified in two forms. The first category is that of trainings delivered by TDA for professionals. Among the trainings sponsored and organized by TDA
- Capacity building for teachers of primary and secondary schools. Almost all schools benefit from these trainings in the Basic Education Strategic Objective (BESO I and BESO II) projects that last for ten years.
- Early Child reading and its implication offered to first cycle teachers from different Weredas of Tigrai.
- Reproductive health and family planning was the other major focal point for TDA. Taking the high maternal and infant mortality rates observed in Tigrai, TDA organized a formal training on this area. Due to this effort, a number of Community Based Reproductive Health Agents (CBRHA) and Traditional Birth Attendants (TBA) were produced. Those CBRHA and TBA managed to discharge their duty in different corners of Tigrai. As a result, they score a sound outcome in the areas of family planning, reduction of infant, child and maternal mortality. Further, they played their own role in the prevention and control of HIV/AIDS and Reproductive Track infection.
The second form of Training is the one delivered to livelihood insecure citizens. Those Trainings helped to foster the income earning capability of youth men and women. Due to this, over seven thousand young men and women able to engage in income gaining activities. TDA, especially at the early years of its establishment, delivered short term trainings on the following fields:
- Wood and Metal work
- Vegetable Production and management
- Waver and Pottery etc
- Capacity building on planning a business for Displaced and War affected citizens during the Ethio-Eritrean war.